Objectives of DEP-SSA
The Major Objectives of DEP-SSA are:
To build capacity among Institutions and people at National, State, District and Sub-district levels in Designing, Developing, Producing Distance Learning (DL) Materials.
- To orient Teachers and Teacher Educators in the potential of EduSat and Development of Software for this purpose.
- To provide necessary Technical and Financial Support in Developing Bridge Courses for out-of-school children.
- To assist in Reducing Transmission Loss by suitable DL interventions, thereby increasing Consistency and Quality of Training Efforts.
- To provide Technical Support in Designing, Developing, Producing and Delivering Distance Learning (DL) inputs and materials for training the Elementary Education personnel.
- To develop Materials and Organize Training Programmes for selected District Level Functionaries.
- 29 States and 6 Union Territories
- Elementary Schooling (Class I-VIII)
- Faculty of DIET, SCERTs, SIETs and SIEs / Teacher-Educators
- BRC / CRC Coordinators
- VEC Members/ Community Leaders and Parents
- Alternate School Functionaries/Para-Teachers