STRIDE also undertakes research and development, and programme evaluation activities on various functional areas of distance education for systems development and improving the effectiveness of staff development programmes. The focus is on conceptual development, processes of distance education, student learning, management of distance education, impact of distance education and the like. Programme evaluation studies are largely survey based, which aimed at improving the academic programmes of the University.
Some Completed Research Studies
- English As A Medium of Instruction in Distance Education (1990) (B.N.Koul and C.Creed)
- A Tracer Study on the Utility of BLISc Programme of IGNOU (1995) (S.P.Mullick)
- Exploration of Strategies to Meet the Needs of the Disabled in India (1997) (P.R.Ramanujam)
- Survey of Partner Institutions (1999) (Santosh Panda, S.V.S. Chaudhary, Anurag Saxena and Ashok K. Gaba)
- Distance Education and Job Market : A Case Study of IGNOU Graduates (1999) (Ashok K. Gaba)
- An Exploratory Study into the Use of Activities in SIM by Distance Learners (1999) (Sanjaya Mishra and Ashok K. Gaba)
- Study of Models of Material Development in Distance Education: Cost Effectiveness and Development of Performance Indicators (2001) (Santosh Panda)
- Students’ Perceptions of their Experiences on Workload : A case study of IGNOU Programme (2004) (Ashok K. Gaba and P.R. Ramanujam)
- Objectives in Self-Learning Materials: A Critical Analysis of their Expected Roles, Learner Perception and Usage (2004) (Sanjaya Mishra)
- Benefits Derived from Distance Education: Experiences of Successful IGNOU Learners (2005) (Manjulika Srivastava)
- Graduate Perceptions Towards Employability: Student Survey (2006) (Ashok Gaba, Santosh Panda and Ashok Sadhwani)
- Web Based Environment for Evaluation of Project Reports (2007) (G. Mythili and Sanjaya Mishra)
- A Study of Cost Effectiveness and Cost Efficiency of Selected Programmes of IGNOU in Relation to Student and Institutional Costs (2007) ( Ashok K Gaba, Santosh Panda and C.R.K. Murthy)
Programme Evaluation Activities/Studies
- Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship Scheme — Internal Evaluation Report (1997) (C.R.K Murthy and P.R. Ramanujam).
- Impact of STRIDE Training Programmes on the Distance and Open Learning Systems in South Asia: An Evaluation (1999) (P.R.Ramanujam).
- Course Evaluation in Open and Distance Learning: A Case Study of PGDHE Course of IGNOU (2002) (Ashok K. Gaba and Nirod K. Dash)
The following Programme Evaluation studies are under progress for various programmes of respective Schools of IGNOU:
- Programme Evaluation of Diploma Programme in Value Added Products from Fruits and Vegetables (DVAPFV) of School of Agriculture Education (IGNOU)
- Programme Evaluation of Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education (DNHE) Programme of School of Continuing Education (IGNOU)
- Programme Evaluation of M.A. in Hindi Programme of School of Humanities (IGNOU)
- Programme Evaluation of Master’s Degree in Political Science, School of Social Sciences, IGNOU