Dr Gurmeet Kaur
Dr Gurmeet Kaur joined IGNOU on November 7, 2005. She holds a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Law from Delhi University, where she taught for a year before joining IGNOU.
A gold medalist in LLB and a topper in LLM, Ms Kaur has been awarded doctorate degree in law (Ph.D) from Faculty of Law, Delhi University on ‘Insurance Liability and Compensation to the Victims of Road Accidents under Motor Vehicles Act. A Critical Appraisal’.
She is the author of Halsbury’s Laws of India, Volume 40-41, Income Tax - I & II, LexisNexis Butterworth’s, New Delhi, 2008. She has also publications in the following areas:
- Cyber law
- Intellectual property law
- Human Rights
She has been honoured with the following academic awards and distinctions by DU in the annual convocation, held in February, 2001.
- Hira Lal Daga Memorial Medal, 2000 (Gold Medal) for securing the first position in order of merit in three consecutive years of LLB;
- Prof PG Krishnan Memorial Prize, 2000, for securing highest marks in ‘Labour Law’ in LLB;
- Law Union Prize for LLB 2000 for being the best candidate in LLB Examination of University of Delhi.
Professional Excellence Summary:
- Possess about eight years experience as the Assistant professor in the field of education (both teaching and administration).
- Conducted as resource person, various Counseling, E-counseling, Tele/video conferencing sessions on the Cyber law, Intellectual property Law, domestic violence, Anti Human Trafficking.
- Conducted as resource person, various Interactive radio counseling sessions on Different aspects of Law on FM radio.
- Delivered lectures on cyber law, Intellectual property law, Media Law, Jurisprudence, Family Law, Labour Law, Property Law, women and Law, administrative law, Income Tax.
- Coordinated and Played active role in Identification and establishment of study centres/ PSCs. throughout India for school of law programmes, IGNOU, New Delhi.
- Coordinated for appointment/Approval of academic Counselors in various regions.
- Used Innovative techniques in design and planning, pedagogy and other aspects of distance education programmes.
- Coordinating programme/courses on cyber law, Intellectual property law, Patent practice, Gender and Law, Legal process outsourcing.
- Contributed as the Format, Language and Content Editor in Various courses along with Proof-reading.
- Developed Programme Guide and project hand book for various courses.
- Contributed in Development of Audio/Video Materials as the coordinator, resource person and editor.
- Provided inputs in cover Design of various programmes.
- Contributed in Preparation of Assignments of various subjects.
- Done need survey for the programmes.
- Contributed in Evaluation, Monitoring of Assignments.
- Prepared Information Brochures for the programmes/courses.
- Contributed in Examination – Related Activities as paper Setter, Moderator, Evaluator and observer
- Organized and conducted the Viva Voce.
- Coordinated and organized Online Examination, Centralized Evaluation and Declaration of results.
- Participated in various workshop / Training/Orientation Programmes.
- Participated and presented paper in various seminars /conferences.
- Coordinated and Organized National Workshop on Anti Human trafficking for Nodal officers of state governments and union territories,12-14 May 2011, School of Law, IGNOU in partnership with Ministry of Home Affairs, Bureau of Police Research and Development and Centre for Social Research .
- Coordinated and Organised 3rd Training and Trainers programme on Human Rights for police personals, 19th to 21st March, 2012, School of Law IGNOU, in collaboration with National Human Rights Commission.
School of Law (SOL),
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU),
New Delhi - 110068