The Post-Graduate Diploma Programme in Participatory Management of Displacement, Resettlement and Rehabilitation is a proactive initiative of the World Bank and Indira Gandhi National Open University for building the skills of development practitioners in general and resettlement and rehabilitation officers, field staff, desk staff and technical experts in issues of displacement in particular.
The programme is of use to those who are engaged in the development sector, especially in resettlement and rehabilitation (R and R) divisions of development projects of the Government, private sector as project officers, technical experts, field staff or desk staff and those working with the NGOs, industrial establishments and other agencies involved in R and R of those displaced by development projects.
The objectives of the PGDMRR are to enhance to learner's participatory management skills for resettlement and rehabilitation (R&R) by orienting learners to the following themes and issues.
- Development caused displacement , rehabilitation and land acquisition.
- Participation of stakeholders for appropriate planning and implementation of resettlement and rehabilitation projects
- Tools and techniques for enhancing participation of stakeholders and
- Participatory implementation and monitoring of resettlement and rehabilitation projects
- Case studies from different sectors and
- Theoretical understanding and foundation of the issues related to the main theme