The cyberspace due to its unique quality of openness economic efficiency and anonymity of members of the virtual community reaches the masses much quickly as opposed to earlier technologies there by breaking the jurisdictional boundaries and creating series of challenges for the legal system. This programme seeks to address fast the changing needs of knowledge society in the area of cyber laws. The programme is of 16 credits and consists of four courses
Objectives: The objectives of this programme are to:
- enable learners to understand, explore, and acquire a critical understanding of Cyber Law;
- develop competencies for dealing with frauds and deceptions (confidence tricks, scams) and other cyber crimes for example, child pornography etc. that are taking place via the Internet;
- make learners conversant with the social and intellectual property issues emerging from ‘Cyberspace’;
- explore the legal and policy developments in various countries to regulate Cyberspace;
- develop the understanding of relationship between commerce and cyberspace; and
- give learners in depth knowledge of Information Technology Act and legal frame work of Right to Privacy, Data Security and Data Protection.
The Evaluation System for PGCCL consists of two components
a) Continuous evaluation through assignments (Tutor Marked Assignments).
b) Term-end examinations.
In the final results, assignments carry 30% weightage, while 70% weightage is given for
How to register
Contact regional centre in your city
You can also visit for further information relating to :
1. common prospectus: http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/studentzone/downloads/
2. study centre details: http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/aboutignou/studycentre/centre
3. admission announcement: